Want to work on a new website but the tech keeps getting in the way?
If you’re ready to pull a WordPress website together but you’d like a little help getting going so you can stop spinning your wheels about all the tech possibilities and start spending your time marketing your business and serving your clients instead, this is the package for you.
As you’ll see, this will be a bit of a team effort (as there will be elements you need to purchase and/or set up before I can get going). When we’re finished, you’ll have a full WordPress installation ready for you to add your unique content (text and images).
What’s Involved in a Website Setup Jumpstart
The big picture of this package is that I’ll set up the tech framework for you to be able to add your content.
There are 3 main areas we’ll work on:
1. DOMAIN NAME & HOSTING
To get started, if you haven’t already, you’ll purchase and set up a domain name and a hosting account (with my guidance as needed). This package assumes that you’re using the recommended package from my preferred hosting company (SiteGround). (If that’s not the case, there may be an additional fee involved depending on how difficult your particular host is to work with for a WordPress site. Please contact me before buying to discuss this so we’re both clear on what’s involved.)
2. THEME & TEMPLATE
I’ll install a free, lightweight, customizable theme.
You’ll choose your desired template from a selection of (free) starter site options for that theme. Here are some favorites* to check out:
*You can also choose to use a different template from the full library of free templates.
3. TOOLBOX OF KEY ELEMENTS
I’ll set up a toolbox of key elements to give you a solid starting point for a basic (but powerful) WordPress website (see the Key Elements Toolbox section below). This will include WordPress, the theme, a variety of plugins, and 5 main pages for your site.
While I’m working, I’ll activate a Coming Soon message on your domain (with text and a single image that you provide), so that you have a placeholder page in place that will give people a little more information.
Then you prep to go live!
After that, I’ll turn the site over to you, and you’ll add your unique content (text and images, as well as integrations for certain elements, like your email marketing list), you’ll turn off the Coming Soon message and put your site live to the world!
Key Elements Toolbox:
- The latest version of WordPress
- The recommended (free, lightweight, customizable) theme
- Main pages of your site (5) ready for you to add your content (using the starter site template you select) — typically pages like:
- Home (including an opt-in form)
- Work With Me
- Contact (including a contact form)
- Recommended plugins to support your new website, including:
- An SEO plugin to help you optimize your pages for organic search
- A backup plugin just in case something happens and you need to restore your site to a previous version
- A security plugin to help protect your site from malicious traffic
- A plugin rollback plugin to help you undo any problematic plugin updates that might occur (it happens!)
- A Google Analytics plugin so you can stay on top of the stats that matter and make data-driven decisions for your business
- An optimization plugin to help improve the performance of your website
Want a blog? Other pages? A shop? FAQs? Testimonials? If you want any of these (or other) pages and/or functionality and you’d like my help setting them up, that can be arranged for an extra fee. (Please contact me before buying to discuss this so we’re both clear on what’s involved.)
*Not including your domain, hosting, email marketing service, or any other fees.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Select the “Buy Now” button below to register and submit your payment.
Step 2: After you register, you’ll be given access to fill out your Website Details Questionnaire.
Step 3: Once you submit your questionnaire, I’ll be in touch regarding next steps.