You have a lot of great information to share with others to help teach them about your area of expertise.
Is your content in good enough shape for people to want to stick around to learn from it?
I work with incredible content creators like you who want to spend less time trying to get your words to say what you want them to say and more time sharing those words with your audience.
The only problem is you don’t have the skills to polish up your words so that people can clearly see and understand the amazing content you have to offer.
But you don’t have the time or the desire to learn all the ins and outs of editing to make your content how you want it.
So you need to find someone to help you out.
Someone you can hand the content over to for a polish up, knowing you can rely on them to help you make it make sense.
Great news! You’ve found that someone!
Hi, I’m Bonnie. I’m an editor. I help nonfiction authors, online course creators, eLearning companies, and small business owners like you create clear, consistent, concise, and correct content, so that your readers focus on learning from what you have to say instead of being put off by how you say it.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- Your writing has grammar mistakes, spelling errors, or punctuation problems that make it look unprofessional—and may make people doubt if it’s reliable or accurate.
- Your ideas are unclear or confusing, and you struggle to express them effectively.
- The style, tone, or formatting of your content is inconsistent, giving it an unpolished or disjointed appearance.
- English is not your first language, and you need help ensuring your writing sounds natural, fluent, and accurate.
- You’ve worked with an editor on your content, but you’re not certain the changes were thoroughly implemented and you’d like another set of eyes to take a look.
Imagine how good it will feel when you’re proud to share your content and people are learning from what you have to say—when you’re finally able to share your thoughts in a way that’s clear, consistent, concise, and correct.
- …you could share your content without worrying that it will turn people away rather than pull them in?
- …your content reflected your expertise and professionalism?
- …people were learning from your content without having difficulty understanding what you were trying to say?
- …all that happened without you having to struggle to make it happen all by yourself?
That “What if…?” Situation Can Be Your New Reality
Whether you’re looking for copyediting or proofreading for an eLearning module, a How To book, an online course, a training presentation, or other materials, I’m confident that together we can find an option to meet your needs.
You’re ready to get help with your content. Here’s a sample of how I can be involved with that.
My editing* services help identify issues related to:
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization
- Content and design consistency and clarity
- Organization, including information hierarchy and structure
- Text formatting and layout
- Referencing details (including appropriateness and accuracy of sources)
* NOTE: As you might have discovered, different people use different terms when talking about editing services. Terms like copyediting, proofreading, quality control editing, quality assurance, and more. Depending on who you ask, those terms can mean different things—and sometimes the different terms mean the SAME thing.
To keep things simple, the list above includes the types of issues I can help you identify and clean up in your content (at whatever stage of the process it’s in). After reading that list, if you get the feeling that you’d like to explore if I can help you out with your editing project, we can sort out the details of what I can do (and if you’re interested, what it might be called).
Another aspect of what’s involved for a particular project depends on when the work is being done. Here are a few examples:
- If you have some content that you’ve been working on for a while, you’re happy with the overall direction, you’ve given it a thorough review (again and again, I’m sure!) and you’re ready for someone else to help you track down issues (as described in the list above), I can do that.
- If you’ve taken a script or storyboard and created an online course, I can go through and make sure nothing was missed in that process so that your course accurately reflects the plans you had for it.
- If you’ve already gotten your content to the point where it’s been edited by someone else and changes have been implemented, I can look through to make sure the desired changes have been made (and new problems weren’t introduced).
A Note About My Specialty
I’ve been providing editing services in one way or another for over 22 years now, and the projects I’ve worked on have been in a variety of formats from a variety of industries. (You can see a list of examples on my Portfolio page.)
- I’ve looked at content in formats like manuscripts, storyboards, interactive courseware, How To books, workshop presentations, handouts, user manuals, websites, and brochures, and
- I’ve worked with clients whose content was from a wide range of industries, including topics related to online business, continuing and legal education, pharmaceutical sales training, compliance regulations, and technology.
Over the years and now, I’ve been able to get up to speed fast and I’ve been comfortable working with all different formats of content on all different topics from all different industries.
That said, I’ve been working with content that’s focused on helping people learn (in various formats) for even longer than I’ve been providing editing services, and if I had to list a specialty?
That would be it.
Have questions? Ready to get started?
Please send me a message to ask me a question or tell me more about your editing project.
Highlights of What My Clients Have to Say
Why I Think You’ll Like Working With Me
- I’ll listen to your needs and provide appropriate solutions to meet those needs.
- I’ll communicate with you clearly and promptly, providing my expertise in your language.
- I’ll pay attention to the details of your project, carrying things through in a thorough and consistent fashion.
- I’ll strive to become a reliable resource for you both during projects, and after they’re complete.
- I won’t disappear on you. (Seriously, it’s surprising how many clients have come to me with stories of service providers disappearing, often leaving them stranded in the middle of a project!)